Thursday, February 9, 2012

The next chapter

When reading a book, I am one of those people who can hardly skim a word let alone skip to the last chapter to read the end without reading the chapters in between. However, when it comes to the story of my life, I have been very tempted to want to skip pages to see what is next. I don't think I would hesitate to even read the end if I could! This must be why God doesn't allow me to know the future ahead of time. By waiting on Him to reveal the next chapter, even the next word, He is able to write the story of my life without me making editorial changes, which is a very good thing! I know I would make a mess of it for sure!

Today, Julie and I spent over 12 hours searching for the next chapter. Charlie and I and the kids have been praying hard about how and where God wants us to serve in Uganda. This is a meticulous and faith building process to say the least. However, I am thankful that God allowed us to find two organizations today that are wonderfully run and like-minded in being pro-adoption of older children. Both of these places were elusive of ease or smooth roads and took many boda-boda drivers and other random people to help us find them. Yet, God is good all the time! He was faithful to help us, and I am renewed with excitement to see what He is up to in the next chapter!

For now, as my kids would say at a cliff-hanger, DUN-DUN-DUN!!!!!

Hebrews 12:2-3
Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfector of our faith, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, scorning it's shame, and sat down at the right hand of God. Consider Him who endured such opposition from sinful men, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment