Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Never a good sign

So, here Uganda it is very common to have the electricity go out. Where we are staying is pretty cush in that they have a backup generator if there is a problem. However, for some reason that system hasn't been quite as reliable the past 24 hours and now the water is out for our guest house too.

Our host is working hard to solve the problem. As you can see, he has strung the garden hose through the bathroom window and into the attic right outside my room door.

Since today I needed to do my laundry, handwashed of course, I waited for the electricity for hot water. Once the electricity came on, I realized there was no water. I did my laundry at the house next to ours, but it made me realize how spoiled I am to not even question electricity or water supply at home. A good lesson in being satisfied!

Also, would I notice the absence of God's prescence as quickly as I do the absence of electricity or water?

John 4:14
But whosoever drinks the water I give him will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life.

1 comment:

  1. It looks like God is preparing you for the unexpectedness of daily circumstances, which is part of the life of a missionary.

    ReplyDelete