Friday, February 24, 2012

Home again

I was blessed with a smooth trip home and even some cool signs to make me feel welcomed courtesy of my awesome and thoughtful kids!

A few thoughts that I had in the first 24 hours of being back:

These aren't the rolex I'm lolling for!

Do u have to pay to breathe here?

Everything is so clean! And our house smells so good!

I am totally out of the loop. The kids are having to tell me which chapter to read during teaching time.

Everybody is so pale!

This is weird to drive again, and the steering wheel is opposite too!

Brrrrrrrr......it is colder here!

Hot water is luxurious!

My heart aches for the littles that would mob me in the play yard.

What can I drink? Tap water! Yea!

Cheese! Yum! (cheese is very expensive in Uganda. I think I only had a tiny bit twice when I ate pizza.)

Nothing beats home with Charlie and the kids!

My ears have been ringing for a whole day. Must be all the urban sounds of Kampala and then the 36 hours of jet and/or airport noise.

Oh yeah, parenting is hard work!

I'm sure my kids are going to get tired of me saying "when I was in Africa....."

After having to leave the house for a dental appointment about 12 hours after I got home, Isaac says, "You just left and now you are leaving again!" ( I had to really convince him I would be back shortly.)

It is going to take some time to get back into the swing of things. Charlie has been so supportive and encouraging, even after being a single dad for almost a month! I am thankful to have a husband who understands that sometimes God puts a new normal in our hearts that changes the way we see life forever.

Romans 6:4
We were therefore buried with him through baptism into death in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may live a new life.

No comments:

Post a Comment