Sunday, February 19, 2012

Cry of my heart

Everlasting,Your glory shines when all else fades,
Everlasting, Your mercy comes and fills this place,
And the cry of my heart is to bring You praise from the inside out, Lord my soul cries out (lyrics from today's church service)

Who knows why it was in God's plan for me to miss the flight last night? Who knows if the reason will ever be known to me on this earth? I know that I am thankful to be in the airport tonight with a three hour wait until I leave Entebbe, UG. :)

This morning I joined a group of 7 babies home volunteers and one super cute little niece on a walk down the road to church, the same one Julie and I went to last week.

We joined in the voluminous singing, and I realized that had I traveled last night as intended, I would not have been able to go to church today. I would not have experienced worship as a collective group, like I did by going to church today. So, even if the inconvenience of missing the flight and being delayed seeing my family and paying the monetary consequences was just for the purpose of praising my Lord, then it was worth the sacrifice.

We actually got a double dose of worship too because after the two hour church service, of which over an hour was singing, we stayed an extra two hours, some of the time singing and some of the time fellowshipping. The delay was because it was pouring rain. Walking down a dirt road was not a great option. Of course, as soon as a ride came to get us, the rain stopped. We were still grateful to not have to find our way back through the puddles.

It's all about You, Jesus.
It's not about me, as if you should do things my way. (lyrics from the worship)

No comments:

Post a Comment