Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Givin' some lovin'

It is close to 1am, and I feel like I have blogger block, so we will see how coherent this post sounds :).

Today was super busy. We left the babies home before 8am to go to a medical appointment required to get the visa. Then, we spent the rest of the day at a pool-n-play park with almost 40 orphans between 1 and 3 years old who rarely if ever go swimming. I took one little guy swimming that was scared of the water, but by the end i had to bribe him with lunch to coax him out of the pool. We ate under a tent. I will post a picture of what the kids had to eat. The day included having the kiddos even take naps on mats in the shade. The place had loud music on, which brought out some really silly dance moves from some adorable diaper wearing tots!

As I spend more time with the orphans, I am realizing that giving love means giving my heart, of course. So, the more I choose to give, the harder it will be to walk away. Is it worth it?

I read last night in Acts 20:19 "I served the Lord with great humility and with tears", which was written about Paul. So, I was reassured to confirm that the tears of serving Jesus are normal, probably even standard protocol. Then, a little later in the chapter Paul is speaking: "In everything I did I showed you that by this kind of hard work, we must help the weak, remembering the words the Lord Jesus Himself said: it is more blessed to give than to receive." Acts 20:35

So, yep, it's worth it to give love like there's no tomorrow, knowing when I can't stash 12 kids in my suitcase to bring them home with me that it's gonna hurt to say goodbye. I am blessed to be loving on some families' future daughters or sons. And this was done for my children too before we adopted them.

(the plate has spaghetti, rice, posho, which is kinda like mashed potatoes, and some meat. The other picture is of a water container for a ritzy home next to the pool.)

1 comment:

  1. I'm proud of you and we love and miss you! We are praying for you every day!

    ReplyDelete