Saturday, January 28, 2012

Travel accomplished!

Thank you for all your prayers! After leaving my house almost 35 hours before, Julie and I arrived safely at the babies home. The trip went smoothly with a layover in Minneapolis long enough that we took a tram to the mall of America where we saw Dora and the Lego store and ate a cocoa fudge sundae at dairy queen! (reminds me of my younger years when I worked there during high school) I felt like we were seeing the completely other extreme of what we would experience in Uganda as there was even a beauty salon for dolls.

Our plane trip from Amsterdam to Kigali, Rwanda was filled with people going to different places to share Jesus. It felt like a camp meeting as we talked to one Methodist team going to Sudan to encourage ministry, a Baptist team going to Uganda, a woman starting an orphanage in Uganda, and another adoptive family going to ninja for their court and others too! I felt like God was encouraging us by surrounding us with like minded people who were also ready to serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment